Elementary Education Licensure – Undergraduate
(Colorado Initial Teaching License in Elementary Education, Grades K through 6.)
Students should meet with a Center for Teacher Education advisor as soon as possible in order to obtain information specific to the elementary education license program. The components of the Colorado Mesa University elementary license program are as follows:
- Academic Major: All elementary license students must complete the requirements for a Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts (Interdisciplinary Studies).
- Admission: Formal admission to the Center for Teacher Education.
- Professional Education Sequence for Elementary Teacher License: Coursework must be taken in the prescribed sequence; see Suggested Course Plan in the links below.
- Education: Elementary Teaching, English, Liberal Arts (BA)
- Education: Elementary Teaching, Mathematics, Liberal Arts (BA)
- Education: Elementary Teaching, Social Science, Liberal Arts (BA)
All teacher license programs require passing the PRAXIS II professional license exams prior to beginning the student teaching semester.