K-12 Education Licensure – Undergraduate
(Colorado Initial Teaching License in Art, Music or Kinesiology, Grades Kindergarten through 12)
Students should meet with a Center for Teacher Education advisor as soon as possible in order to obtain information specific to the K-12 Education license program in Art, Music or Kinesiology. Following are the components of the Colorado Mesa University K-12 teacher license programs.
- Academic Major: K-12 license students must complete the requirements for the Bachelor of Arts in Kinesiology, a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art, or a Bachelor of Music Education.
- Admission: Formal admission to the Center for Teacher Education.
- Professional Education Sequence for K-12 Teacher Licensure: Coursework must be taken in the prescribed sequence. Refer to the applicable program listed below.
- Education: K-12 Education, Art (BFA)
- Education: K-12 Education, Kinesiology (BA)
- Education: K-12 Music Education (BME)
All teacher license programs require taking the PRAXIS II professional license exams prior to beginning the student teaching semester.