K-12 Education Licensure – Undergraduate

(Colorado Initial Teaching License in Art, Music or Kinesiology, Grades Kindergarten through 12)

Students should meet with a Center for Teacher Education advisor as soon as possible in order to obtain information specific to the K-12 Education license program in Art, Music or Kinesiology. Following are the components of the Colorado Mesa University K-12 teacher license programs.

  1. Academic Major: K-12 license students must complete the requirements for the Bachelor of Arts in Kinesiology, a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art, or a Bachelor of Music Education.
  2. Admission: Formal admission to the Center for Teacher Education (usually during the junior year).
  3. Professional Education Sequence for K-12 Teacher Licensure: Coursework must be taken in the prescribed sequence. Refer to the applicable program listed below.

All teacher license programs require passing the PRAXIS II professional license exams prior to beginning the student teaching semester.