Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE)

The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) tuition program allows students from 14 western states to attend Colorado Mesa University by paying 150% of the cost of in-state tuition instead of out-of-state tuition. Students who are residents from the states of Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oregon, South Dakota, Utah, Washington, and Wyoming are considered for the award; however, acceptance into WUE is not guaranteed. To be considered students must submit a completed CMU application and all required official transcripts. Students with a minimum GPA of 2.5 and a permanent address in one of the WUE qualifying states will be notified of their WUE status on their acceptance letter.

All undergraduate degree programs are open to WUE students. New freshman or transfer students (24–105 credits) enrolling for the first time at CMU are eligible for WUE consideration. Currently enrolled students cannot be considered for WUE after enrollment at CMU. Returning students (those sitting out one or more semesters) will be considered on an individual basis. Students with a prior bachelor’s degree are ineligible. Through acceptance of the special WUE tuition classification, students acknowledge their intent to maintain their legal domicile in their home state at the time of application. If students desire to change their legal domicile to any other state, including Colorado, they must provide written notification to the Tuition Classification Officer in the Admissions Office. At that time a student may be changed to out-of-state for tuition purposes. Please note that time accrued while participating in the WUE tuition program cannot be used to establish domiciliary intent for purposes of claiming Colorado residency. To maintain WUE program status, students must:

  1. be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the U.S.;
  2. be enrolled in consecutive fall and spring terms registering in a minimum of 12 credits each semester. Summer term requires six credit hours;
  3. maintain a minimum 2.5 CMU GPA each academic year; and
  4. remain a permanent resident of your home WUE state (maintaining your home state driver’s license will be required).

For more information please contact the Admissions Office at 970.248.1875.